Hypnotherapy can help overcome the fear and anxiety attached to childbirth. Reducing stress and anxiety both for you and the baby, so the birth experience is as pleasant as it can be. I will teach you how to enter into self-hypnosis instantly, and create your own natural anaesthesia whenever and wherever you need it. Giving you control over your body, and able to be an active participant in your birth process.
Hypnosis is used to access the subconscious mind and thought patterns to relax the body and to instil in the mind the idea that childbirth can be successful. Many women are extremely anxious about giving birth, frightening images and stories of labour are widely promoted. Hypnobirthing addresses these fears and replaces them with positive thoughts and feelings. Each week you will learn a self-hypnosis technique to practice at home so that you are prepared for labour.
I will teach you how to enter into self-hypnosis instantly, and create your own natural anaesthesia whenever and wherever you need it. Giving you control over your body, and be able to be an active participant in your birth process. You will physically relax by using guided visualisations followed by positive hypnotic suggestions, which is learned and practiced daily in preparation for birth. The subconscious mind is trained to believe that birth will be comfortable, easy and more enjoyable. As labour progresses, you will relax even more, trusting in your body’s natural ability to give birth with ease and comfort.
Hypnotherapy is a non-invasive, relaxing, enjoyable and safe to use during pregnancy and birth. Many mothers who have used it during pregnancy and birth say they sleep much better and are much calmer during pregnancy. Babies that are born to mums that have practised hypnosis and deep relaxation techniques during labour may also be calmer, sleep better and feed better.
Hypnosis is a natural state of daydreaming that we go into many times a day. You are aware in hypnosis and cannot be made to do anything that you don’t want to do.
The benefits of hypnosis for childbirth:
- Reduce the length of labour
- Less or no use of analgesic drugs means less risk of side effects on mother and baby.
- An awake, energized mother.
- A calm, peaceful and tranquil birthing environment.
- Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
- Plentiful milk supply.
- Babies who sleep and feed better.
- Reduce the risk of postnatal depression
- Deeper and more restful sleep both before and after the birth
- Feeling less worried, stressed and anxious about the birth
- Less worried about life issues in general
- Fewer digestive problems and less heartburn
- Lower blood pressure – this can be immensely important to anyone susceptible to high blood pressure, which causes pre-eclampsia.
- Labour more often than not begins spontaneously and there is less need for an induction.
- When the mother is relaxed and not in pain the muscles in the uterus contract more strongly
- Generally fewer interventions are needed and fewer complications arise.